View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
The best comparison I could give would be a stronger, but less physical (hitting) Smid.

His offense is also a lot like Smid. You can tell he's certainly not going to be another Karlsson/Green, but he isn't completely lost either and he can make a fairly accurate breakout pass, but it's not that hard and tends to flutter a bit. His shooting needs a bit of work to get better at getting the shot through, but he can cycle the puck well, and had a decent slap shot the time he had more room to get it through.

His skating is actually what surprised me the most as that's what I read his weakness was, but he has a very fluid stride and it just looks natural. He doesn't have the same explosiveness of Hall or Yakupov, but he has decent top end speed, is very agile, and thinks the game well enough that he never gets beat 1 on 1.

He was definitely one of the strongest players (Victoria also had a couple big dmen), and he won a lot of puck battles simply by being stronger than the other guy.
Thanks for the response, hopefully he can add a bit more physicality as from what I've seen of him the kid is man strong already. It's very promising to hear that his skating looks decent. As for his breakouts that is definitely something that he will have to work on before he transitions to the next level. I'm not sure where he'll fit in long term, but it's nice to hear that he's making strides.