Thread: Value of: Jannik Hansen
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
Ya, I'm not disagreeing with you or your thought process either... It's real specialized... It would be real difficult to pull off between two teams... Potential 3-team trade at the deadline or after the season it is The thing is, this is real good value... Value that would look just as good remaining on the Canucks... There is no need to try and pull wool over other team's eyes... Luongo is a fantastic goaltender, and Hansen is a fantastic 3rd line player... The by-product of being deep in a salary cap world is that valuable pieces that work well can be afforded to let go of - and might make sense to let go of, if the return is there... Gillis really has done a fantastic job that a player like Hansen might be available soon (given that Kassian has the potential to make Hansen available soon)... But, I'm a real big Hansen fan, so my preference is not to trade him... There is no negative reason to trade him... If Hansen is being traded, there's a positive reason in that Kassian made Hansen available, for the right price (if it's there) - where Hansen can be recycled into something else that makes the organization better... If a team was returning Luongo and Hansen at the same time (ignoring everything else other than impact on the other team's roster, including ignoring subtractions), I think lots of teams would like that addition...

Is it possible to send Luongo and Hansen to the same team at the same time given everything else? I agree, probably not...
Ideally Hansen isn't pushed out, as anywhere in on our forward line up he could slot in comfortably I'd think. I remember a line of Lapierre-Sedin-Hansen was effective for a short while with Daniel out, and as a Burrows replacement he could sub in on an otherwise healthy line up.

I don't think Kassian's improvement means Hansen will be forced out though, at least I'd hope not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
Luongo Hansen to FLORIDA -Mattias -Bjuggstad-Houser To Vancouver
Sure, get some more support from Florida though, I thought moving Bjustad was not happening is all.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote