Thread: Speculation: Kulikov's worth?
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 10:33 PM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Why is it so hard to believe that IF, repeat IF, Kulikov signed a contract with a Russian team, he would have to be bought out of it to return to the Panthers. Seems perfectly reasonable and logical to me.
perhaps if he was a free agent but he isn't. we're all speculating here because nobody knows the fine print but i agree with the others here - it would be a ridiculous oversight on the part of tallon to allow things to get to this point if it meant that kuli couldn't come back for the whole year and i don't buy that he or santos would let that happen.

for the record, this is what GR said on the matter via twitter (https://twitter.com/GeorgeRichards/s...810758971392):

Quote:
Dmitry Kulikov says he wants to sign new deal w/ #FlaPanthers ... Is confident will happen after CBA fixed. Could go KHL for #NHLockout
sure as hell doesn't sound like kuli would be trapped there. i would bet that in the case of RFAs, when a deal is signed, the contract in russia is voided. that would mean that when the lockout ends (or an end is imminent), tallon would hustle and sign kuli to have him back for the start of the shortened season.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote