View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 10:36 PM
TootooTrain
-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
Not so good I guess, seems like the whole team of his is playing worse than they could - and by reading the posts of Kärpät-fans from the finnish forums, seems like the problem stands behind the bench. The game plan aint as good as it should be.

So he is been playing mainly in 2nd line (one game in 1st), got 0+1 in 4 games with TOI averaged for about 17min 30sec. Atleast he has shot 16 times already, so its not about lack of effort. Tho I havent seen any of their games yet, but i could guess that the line he is mostly playing aint a good fit for him either... On the other wing there is a pretty similiar player who tends to do a lot of work and get to the dirty areas, so im not really sure what his role in there is at this moment. Seems like a bit weird 2nd line to me. But Kärpät's material is pretty good, so I believe when they get their game going on Salomäki will get his game to better shape than this. Some more flashy offensive player to the other wing would help a lot - like Jussi Jokinen... We'll see if he gets to play with him if their game wont get any better than this (4 games, 1 win)
Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it. If the entire team is off to a sluggish start then I don't think there's much cause for concern right now. Very early in the season aswell, I was just curious to see hear how he was being used. Nice to see he's getting some proper icetime.