View Single Post
Old
09-23-2012, 04:16 AM
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I haven't seen a list of the Texas Stars lineup yet. Houston and Charlotte look to be stacked though.
I got this list from the AHL website.
Quote:
The following players have been assigned to Texas (AHL):

Jordie Benn
Tyler Beskorowany
Jack Campbell
Alex Chiasson
Jace Coyle
Brenden Dillon
Cody Eakin
Maxime Fortunus
Matt Fraser
Luke Gazdic
Scott Glennie
Tristan King
Hubert Labrie
Travis Morin
Cristopher Nilstorp
Patrik Nemeth
Jamie Oleksiak
Toby Petersen
Antoine Roussell
Colton Sceviour
Tyler Sloan
Austin Smith
Reilly Smith
Mathieu Tousignant
Tomas Vincour
Francis Wathier
I'm a big follower of the Stars as well, so I'm quite aware of who the key additions are. Alex Chiasson is a very highly touted kid out of the NCAA and is expected to be an immediate threat in the A, somewhat like Justin Schultz. Vincour has already played in the NHL with some success, and Oil Kings fans of more than a couple years will also be aware of him. Brenden Dillon is a young, highly touted defenseman. Then there's Oleksiak, who is ****ing gigantic. Eakin and Glennie will be great top six centres. Jack Campbell is a great young goalie, although this is his first pro season so it's anyone's guess to see how quickly he adapts.

All in all, it's a really young core. However, seeing as Dallas has had the misfortune of being in that dreadful spot just outside of the playoffs and not yet in the top 10 in draft position for the last three years, they haven't had the pleasure of drafting really high, so there aren't that many guys who are projected to be top line players. Still, a solid bunch that will at the very least provide a stronger challenge to the Barons than last year's team's did (which sucked ass).