View Single Post
Old
09-23-2012, 07:35 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Well the year Edmonton took Sam Gagner. They could of instead taken the following....

- Logan Couture
- Ryan McDonagh
- Brandon Sutter

In 2006 Edmonton first round pick (Which was traded for Dwayne Roloson.) and from their point assuming they finished the same could of drafted the following...

- Chris Stewart
- Claude Giroux
- Patrick Berglund

In 2004 Edmonton would draft Devin Dubynk they could of had...

- Cory Schneider
- Mike Green

This one has to be my favorite of all though.

"The Edmonton Oilers trade the 17th pick (Zach Parise) to the New Jersey Devils for the 22nd pick (Marc-Antoine Pouliot) and the 68th pick (Jean-Francois Jacques)."

But they could of got someone other than Parise as well. They also had the following to pick from...

- Ryan Getzlaf
- Mike Richards
- Corey Parry
- Ryan Kesler
- Loui Ericsson
- Patrice Bergeron
- Shea Weber
- David Backes
- Jimmy Howard

What is my whole point from doing this?

It is pretty damn easy to sit back now and say "Gee I should of drafted this guy." But who would of thought at the time of this Shea Weber a guy who went 49th overall and is a contender for the Norris every year would turn out the way he did? because it seems 48 times people said "Nah".

Oh also I do have time if you would like I can go back farther to show all of the flaws Edmonton made drafting.
I think this is a great post, and there's no reason for you to get ripped on for it, just as there was no reason for the poster you quoted to bring up Toronto's draft record to justify why MPS is better than Kadri. (Even if I do agree...absolutely terrible reasoning, and hypocritical to talk about considering the Oilers hilarious draft history.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote