Old
09-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Thanks for the report.

That's good to hear about Musil.
I think that he is easily our most underrated prospect. For instance, i like him better than the Slovak twin towers while most here like the Slovaks more.
They are different type of prospects though. I think Musil looks like a guy who is as close to a lock as an NHL'er as most prospect defensemen are going to get. But his lack of offense means that his upside as far as star potential is really limited.

From the Oilers perspective, I think he a valuable prospect because they will need a steady stream of new guys stepping into various roles as the team matures. If he becomes another Smid-like defenseman that certainly will not hurt.

Gernat is the polar opposite. He has tremendous offensive instincts and if he ever fills out he has the size that many offensive dmen lack. But he is much more of a longshot to convert his skills into an NHL career than Musil is I suspect.

Marincin is somewhere between the two. He has the potential to be a very good two-way defenseman and as such his maximum upside exceeds that of Musil, while his all round game right now makes him more likely than Gernat to be an NHL'er.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote