View Single Post
Old
09-23-2012, 11:11 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
The NTDP U17 squad had their first exhibition today against Youngstown and lost 4-3. Jack Eichel had 2 goals and Ryan MacInnis had the other. Not a bad result for the squad though. They gave up a ton of shots (not unexpected) but the goalies seemed to hold up which is good news.

I'd venture to guess that Eichel won't be with the U17 team long.
Complete stats aren't in for the U17 games this weekend but Eichel had 2 goals and an assist last night so he's got at least 5 points through the first 3 games of the season. I can't wait to see him play.

I caught a few of the U18 teams games this weekend. They weren't as impressive as I'd hoped they'd be but there are some intriguing players on the team. Keaton Thompson's game seems to have improved a good bit compared to last season and Hudson Fasching had some impressive moments, though he was quiet for long stretches. I hoped to see more from JT Compher as he was my favorite play on the team last year but he had a quiet weekend. It's still just pre-season so hopefully the team will gain momentum as the season progresses.

A player who really caught my eye was '96 born Wisconsin recruit Seamus Malone who's playing for Dubuque. He's got some of the best stickhandling skills I've seen for US forward in quite a while. He made numerous highlight dangles in the game I saw and had 2 goals and an assist. It's early to say anything with regards to the NHL for him but it looks like Wisconsin fans have something to look forward to in a few years.

On another note, it'll be interesting to follow what happens with '97 born forward Denis Yan. He's off to a blazing hot start with Belle Tire's U18 squad and had 4 goals and an assist in a game this weekend. He's a US citizen but I believe he's played most of his life in Russia and I'd assume he's also a Russian citizen. I didn't expect another Alex Galchenyuk type of situation so soon but it seems from what I know that could be the case here.