View Single Post
Old
09-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I didn't say he should have gone 1st round. You didn't understand my post.
You seemed to agree. The guy you responded to was surprised, you responded with "he's a cool guy, you never know". Well, again, nobody is right, we all have our opinions....but my opinion is that in no way was Vail supposed to be a 1st rounder. Of course, you never know.....it is a draft after all. But the reality of a 1st round is that you go with players who have elite talent. Vail didn't show anything elite, but a lot of things to be good. But then, of course, since the draft is about projecting and not just analysing what you see, "some" might project for different sorts of reasons, that he will develop into something elite. Again, yes....we will see. But if true that you pick him 1st round in solely projecting, you do take a chance to go with players like that later since not everybody might see him the way you do. Not in the 1st round.

I believe Vail has everything to be a NHL'er. I don't see him top 6 at all. But a really valuable NHL player. He understands the game really well. That always helps.