View Single Post
Old
09-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Nullus Reverentia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
It's not I saw a picture of Crosby and Kopitar, today I got Couture on waivers
People can do some pretty creative things to get the game do what they want. I've never seen one of those players on waivers and I've actually never even seen those players traded. The only time I've seen 80+ overall players put on waivers is if they have very high cap hits, low trade value and usually they're also having bad seasons.

The only real problem with waivers that I've had is teams will often throw a prospect you traded them on waivers and they'll be picked up if you had that player in the NHL. For example, I traded Dana Tyrell, Even McEneny (Prospect I had playing for me), another prospect and a first round pick to Phoenix for Aaron Ekblad and a 3rd line center, Phoenix immdietely put the 4 star 74 overall McEneny on waivers and he was promptly picked up. That's my only problem with waivers, teams won't think anything of throwing a valuable player on waivers if their overall is too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Does anyone have any tips for defending against people online who only use players who are insanely fast?

The game favours speed so much that a player like Grabner can go end to end easily because the defensemen turn around so slow.

People have started realizing that fast players are ridiculously good because they can fly by everyone without being pokechecked. Now I keep running into people who use Raymond, Grabner, Cogliano, and Havlat so it's a pain in the ass trying to contain them.
Stand still, spam poke check lol. Most people expect people to try to move to try to stop them, if you just stand your ground it usually surprises them, don't turn and hit the pokecheck, hit the poke check before they get to you.