View Single Post
Old
12-05-2003, 07:03 PM
Allan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Curious if you've ever heard "rumours" of him actually ever pointing the finger at himself after a bad perfomance. Because if so, I've heard rumours of the contrary. In fact I've seen him say it himself. He will never say it was a bad goal. It's always a "lucky" goal. Yea Tommy. Lucky. Lucky for the other team, that you totally seived on that one.....lol.
I haven't heard much either way on that one, but I've heard a lot of the "lucky" comments out of him in post-game interviews and such, but he was always like that. When he was at his best, he would say that bad goals were "lucky", but then he'd do better the next time, and he doesn't seem to do that now. I don't think he's deflecting blame - he never blames anyone else, either, even when it was the defence's fault - but he has seemed unwilling to accept the blame himself, too. However, he is such a low-key guy that I don't doubt that he does accept responsibility, and just doesn't want to talk about it much. He never seems to have much to say, and until recently, his play spoke well enough for him. Hopefully it will again...