View Single Post
Old
09-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilySmoov View Post
Therein lies the difference between white stars and non-white stars. Once a player has stopped growing, the stars will become white (as opposed to red/yellow/green), and thus no longer indicate their ceiling, rather simply their current rating (which itself can change).

^@Kellogs
That would make sense...however it's not very consistent with what I'm seeing. Iginla went from 85 (4 white stars), to 84 (3 white stars) in the 2014 offseason. Yet Michalek, and Clowe still have 4 stars but are 83 and 82 respectively. Additionally, Spezza (87) is a 4.5 white star, while Gonchar (88) is 4.0 stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Isles got screwed pretty good with Strome and Nino.

I simmed an entire season, forcing them onto the top-line with Tavares. The team went to the Finals, they finished with respectably 40+ point totals, and jumped a whopping 1 and 3 points respectively.
Like I saw mentioned in the Dynasty topic, don't just look at overall points. This year's overall calculations heavily weighs defensive awareness, so they probably have still have a low value in that attribute which is why you didn't see the big jump. Maybe to get them to improve their defensive awareness, you need to play them in defensive situations (ie. the PK).

Kellogs is online now   Reply With Quote