View Single Post
Old
09-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Nullus Reverentia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshotte View Post
Another issue I have with online stuff - I know it's not 100% accurate, but going by the team logos that people have most people I match against are either playing from Canada or the Midwest. I have not played a single person with a Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Phoenix etc. logo in any of the games I've ever played. The closest I think has been the Stars and Avs.

The point? This means I get horrible lag every game which makes it feel like I'm playing in slow-motion.

It's something I hate in all EA sports games actually - let me match up with people in the region I choose! Implement some regional leagues! Unfortunately, EA have progressively shown they don't care about ping, going from numbers to colored bars to NOTHING to show what kind of ping you're getting to someone. It also hides any issues with their own infrastructure, so less money for them to spend.
Most games do it even if they don't show you that they're trying to match you up with someone close to you. EA games definitely do this, if you check/ask where the people you playing with are from, unless you're from somewhere with hardly any people, you'll usually get someone near year you. Case in point why I haven't played someone from anywhere farther south than Philadelphia, farther east then Boston, farther west than Chicago, and farther North than Sudbury in I don't know how long.