Thread: Czech Republic: Czech prospects thread
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2012, 09:35 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Could the Czech team at the WJC medal this year? This is likely the most talented team the Czech Republic has sent to the World Juniors in the last 5-7 years and I think they could really surprise. After being lead by Detroit prospect Petr Mrazek with an exceptional performance last year, this Czech team has retained much of its core talent and, with an extra year of development under their belts, I think that this team will make some big noise this year.

Goaltending: With Mrazek graduating who will pick up the slack left behind? I would think that Matej Machovsky, David Honzik (VAN, 71st), Patrik Bartosak and Marek Langhamer (PHX, 184th) are the front runners for the three available positions. Are there any guys from the Czech league who could over take them?

Defense: David Musil (EDM, 31st) will be back as the #1 guy on the team and Marek Hrbas will also be back in a top 4 role. Richard Nedomlel (DET, 175), Michael Plutnar and Tomas Pavelka should also successfully compete for spots, but who will take the remaining 2 spots?

Forward: Up front the team will be lead by returnees: Tomas Hertl (SJ, 17th), Radek Faksa (DAL, 13th), Martin Frk (DET, 49th), Dmitrij Jaskin (STL, 41st), Tomas Hyka (LA, 171st) and Lukas Sedlak (CLB, 158th). If Matej Stransky (DAL, 165th) is allowed to play he'll also be a lock for the team. Matej Beran should also easily make the squad. Who else do you guys think will make the team?

Am I on the right track with who I'm predicting to make the team? Who will take the remaining spots?

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote