View Single Post
Old
12-05-2003, 07:19 PM
calder

vCash: 500
I honestly believe Iggy has it in him to get another 45 goal/90 point season or two, but I do think it was a bit of a fluke that he won the scoring title. He'll put up great numbers like that again, but while I think he is (and will be again) a top 10 scorer he's not a pure enough offensive player to be a true Art Ross candidate except for that one year where it all fell together.

He's definitely heating up though, just in time keep the Flames excellent play going. It's probably not realistic to expect guys like Donovan to keep scoring like they have been (or Kipper to only let in 1 goal most nights), so if Iggy does get on a roll like he did the last half of last year the Flames should be able to keep up their winning ways.

For the first time in a decade I feel like this Flames team can find a way to win consistently. This team can come back from behind, they can win a tough, bruising defensive game with hustle, they can score in bunches every now and then. Things are really looking up, and I'm sure there will be the odd losing streak and bad game of course I am starting to get to the point where I expect rather than hope the Flames win more games than they lose.