Thread: Value of: Theodore to Toronto
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2012, 10:43 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
That's not bad I guess. I don't know if the Panthers are ready to ship Theodore out with no goaltending coming back though.
That's obvious... I think the whole premise of this thread is what Toronto would give to Florida, which would then in turn allow them to make the move for the goalie who shall not be named.

I'll give the Vancouver fan who suggested Ashton + a 2nd some credit... that's probably close / the right package. Theodore fits almost exactly what the Leafs need to tandem with Reimer (veteran, 1 year deal, low cost, recent success, a long list of accomplishments); and while it's tough to lose those 2 pieces for a 1-year stop gap solution, that stop-gap solution may just be what Reimer needs to develop, and comes with absolutely zero risk. Heck, if things go wrong again in Toronto, the Leafs could probably re-acquire 1/2 of that package at the deadline from a team who wants an insurance policy.

I would also consider Scrivens to be available, not necessarily in addition to Ashton + a 2nd, but workable. If a certain team wants Clemmensen to back up a certain goalie with a similar quantity of experience to Reimer, then Scrivens could be an ideal fit for Florida as a young guy who can put some pressure on Markstrom's development, but also minimize the risk of letting a highly valuable asset rot on the bench while Luongo plays.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote