View Single Post
Old
12-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Shin Pad

vCash: 500
Wild - Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Oof. Well, I didn't expect a win, but this was kind of a sad loss. Calgary clearly had the better team, I thought, but our defense kept us in it. Am I wrong to put a fair bit of blame for that first Flames' goal on Gaborik's shoulders? Why didn't he move his feet?!? One step is all it takes and he's got that puck and pushed it safely into the corner.
Then at the end.. well, with the pressure the Flames had been putting on all game I expected something to happen. But holy crap.. only way that line change could have been worse is if Manny decided to leave the ice too. He was completely hung out on that one. Hope someone buys him dinner tomorrow.
Still, there were some positives in that game. Some great backchecking, solid D. A mistake-free game and I think it would've been another 1-0 win. Too much to hope for a mistake-free game, though. We've gotta get our guys healthy again and start scoring a bit more.
First off, as a Flames fan, Kudos to the Wild - they are one tough team to play against. The difference tonight was the breaks. The Flames play a very similar style to the Wild - it has been very successful. You guys Rock. I'm very happy that the Flames won tonight, but it was a tougher game tonight that against the Canucks. Good luck for the rest of the season - Jacque Lemaire is a great coach.