View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 03:58 AM
Dutch Dreams

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
I'd just be happy with some wingers who could finish the job when the puck comes up the boards or block a puck or two or maybe even stick around for an outlet pass. The defense we have should be fine if they get the proper support from our soft forward group
This, but we should be looking to add a big-minute guy, one who can anchor a pairing for our more offensive guys, which we don't lack, as others have been saying in this thread.

Take a guy like Scuderi, for example. He'd be perfect. The difference between our defense and L.A.'s cup winning one was that they had two solid veterans to back up their young guys.

Doughty and Voynov had Mitchell and Scuderi, whereas Gardiner and perhaps Rielly will have Phaneuf, who is still rounding out his game, and then Gunnarsson, who is still solidifying himself as a top minute guy in this league.

I think Gardiner will be paired with Phaneuf ultimately. I've liked them when they're paired together. Gardiner is a more natural puck-rusher, and Phaneuf can play it cool and roam behind for the big shot.

Rielly could play with Scuderi, and then Gunnarsson and Holzer could make up the bottom-pairing.

Gardiner-Phaneuf
Rielly - Scuderi
Gunnarsson-Holzer

Franson is perhaps traded and Komisarek will be even more easily dumped next season, with only a single year left on his contract.

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote