Thread: Value of: Theodore to Toronto
View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 07:34 AM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
I get that Scrivens had a good year in the A. But Florida needs a decent starting goalie in return if we trade Theodore and honestly, I don't see why a team with a good starting goalie would need him considering his career is at the end of its road.
As I mentioned, Scrivens wouldn't be the #1 goalie you're trading for. He'd be the backup if Clemmensen were to go for the new #1 goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Toronto shouldn't be chasing Theodore!

Burke is noted for goalie issues, Nonis is not. Let Nonis address the issue and Toronto will be okay in net. I do not think Theodore is starter material and will not be improving.

If Toronto had any goalie aspirations at all why are they not overpaying Boston? Thomas is one of the best in the game and his year off is pretty obviously a ploy, given the CBA sitch. Aquiring Thomas should cost very little, since he seems finished with Boston. Add in his ancientness and I think he might be a bargain!
Because Thomas isn't in the game. He's said he doesn't want to play this year, and there's no reason to take that as anything less than face value. If he truly wanted out of Boston and was prepared to play, he'd have either said that, or something along the lines of what Luongo said... so his team won't have a problem moving him.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote