View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Chelios

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Agree. Patrick Kane has become ridiculously underrated around here.

People use defense way to often to explain why a player isn't putting up better numbers. Defense is important, don't get my wrong, but the point of a first line player is to score and bring offense. Kane does that better than most players in the NHL.
Their last 2 seasons:

Kane: 139 point in 155 games

Toews: 133 points in 139 games

Your point would be valid if Kane scored significantly more points than Toews and people were still saying that they are similar offensively. But, over the past 2 seasons, Toews has actually scored at a higher pace than Kane, while being much better in every other part of the game.

Its actually ironic because on the main boards there is often this perception that Toews is extrememly overrated, and yet I feel that among Hawks fans he is actually underrated, especially when compared to Kane. It was a popular opinion on the Hawks' board that Kane was every bit as valuable as Toews, that has changed somewhat after last season, but as you can see from this thread there are still certain fans that believe that is the case. I don't know if it is an American vs Canadian thing or what, but I have always found that many Hawks fans actually don't give Toews enough credit.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote