View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Chelios

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Ok, but what happens when his offense is 'off'? What else did he bring to the table besides 66 points last season? Toews brings many valuable attributes (on top of his scoring) to the ice. Two-way play, PK, face-offs, etc.. And now some of you fans are saying this part of a players game is "overrated"????? Sorry folks, thats where we disagree. Those kind of players win Championships. I'll hitch my wagon to the Toews, Bergeron's, Datsyuk's of the world, over the finesse perimiter players such as Kessel, P.Kane.

It takes all types of players to build a winning team, but to say that the defensive aspect of a players game is "overrated" is ridiculous.
This is what I am getting at. When Kane is "On" he may be one of the best offensive players in the league. If we are talking about absolute peak offensively than I agree Kane is better offensively than Toews. But if you look at a larger sample size and look at what they bring offensively over a large amount of games, the difference is negligible. If Kane can find a way to bring his absolute best over a full season, and then over several seasons in a row, than I will be more than happy to say he is better offensively than Toews. But that simply has not happened. And for all Kane's flash, Toews has produced virtually the same offence over their careers thus far.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote