View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Chelios

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Well yes, he has been especially if you are ripping Kane for his performance.. I don't see how you can praise Toews for his... seeing as how Toews no showed down the stretch in 10/11 and the past two years have had a poor Playoffs (to go along with his underwhelming Stanley Cup Final to boot)

Kane had an off year 11/12 but was fine in 10/11 he was a PPG.

Toews probably wasn't 100% near the end of 10/11 (but neither was Kane in 11/12 with his wrist surgery) but that's the thing.. he is almost never 100% now... every year down the stretch and in the playoffs we always have to hear how he is hurt now.

You simply cannot rip Kane for his "poor" play while being a fan of Toews.. it is the ultimate in cherry picking.
I am not "ripping" Kane. He has been been less than stellar over the past two seasons, I don't think there is too much argument about that. I am simply pointing out to all those who insist that Kane is so much better than Toews offensively that the stats don't back it up. Its as simple as that. And when you acknowledge that offensively there isn't a huge difference one way or another, than there is absolutely no argument for Kane being as valuable as Toews is.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote