View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Arsenault

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Was at the game. He really impaired the movement of that line. You cannot put a non skater with two guys who can...forget about stick skills, just the skating side of it. Schutt complimented the imports because he could skate but also has stick skills.

Now we know that he is here to stay. He will get his shifts in and his games in. We will have 15 healthy forwards going into next weekends road trip - what happens. Do they take guys out of the lineup and sit them? Who plays with Burgess going forward. I am afraid that there may be a mass request for trades if he is on their line for prolong periods of time...because you know that line will not play very much or actually never get going. Understand he is very good kid but playing here when he is not ready and may never be ready. You can see the way he skates that there is little room for improvement.

I think that BS's plan to keep 15 forwards on the team is the wrong idea. No other team has done this...call-ups are not suppose to come from guys you are sitting - they aren't playing. Go to the tier 2 guys who are playing and in game shape.
Folks
Get with it, C.B is on the team and here to stay. Not the first time nor the last time an owner's kid has made the roster over other more qualified players but that is life. If I was the owner I would expect no less <except trading for 3rd and 4th rounder next year when his kid would have still been available in the last few rounds>. As the year progresses and the coaching staff gets more focus on wining than rosters expect CB ice time to virtually disappear. Actually their decision to go with 15 players was likely a comprimise between the coaching staff and management. This way they get to keep their best players while still making room for CB. Personally if i was CB dad I would have been more patient and have him play another year at Midget AAA to allow him to develop better, but I am not. As to the comments on Valardi being a better player than Burgess, i also agree but also suggest that he is better off developing at the Junior A level and was it not for the fact that he was drafted before Burgess they would not have signed him prior to main camp, nor would he have cracked their roster. Good luck this season, we have a good core and with a few trades (defense) we will be a contender and come play off time CB will be joining us in the stands.