View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 06:02 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
I guess for people who don’t have the time to read all that, I’ll try to summarize:

First lines: Regina’s is more potent offensively, thanks mainly to the Gagnon/Simpson edge. Lacroix and Watson also hold edges that likely cancel out. Regina’s has more defensive presence and though I think the two lines are equal in grit, we don’t have a designated “glue guy” like Davidson.

Second lines: Mellanby is the difference. Just not enough grit on Connecticut’s first line. Comparable upsides though.

Regina’s 3rd vs. Connecticut’s 4th: As even as it gets at center, but MacMillan’s substantial offensive edge over Duchesne and Chamberlain’s “everything” edge over Preston gives us the clear edge.

Regina’s 4th vs. Connecticut’s 3rd: Even in offensive upside as units, but Regina’s players have better 3rd/4th line skills – particularly Cotton over McDonald and Jackson over Campbell.

Defense: Messy to compare. Regina’s anchor, McCabe, is better than Jonsson. Shmyr is probably better than Eldebrink. Mitchell provides a level of defensive excellence not seen anywhere on Regina. Olausson provides a level of offense only seen in McCabe on Regina, but is also easily the worst defensive defenseman here. I like my own D better, but wouldn’t blame Hedberg for seeing it differently.

Goaltending: I agree with Hedberg that Regina has the goaltending edge, but the degree is really tough to determine.

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote