View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 07:24 PM
theq

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslander79 View Post
I attended the game last evening vs. PEI. Moncton played extremely flat all game long. Their D needs a serious overhaul IMO, Racine didn't impress at all. The Rocket played with tons of energy last night, if Dwyer can keep them going at that pace all season long. That being said, first games are first games, I don't expect the Rocket to maintain that energy and I also don't expect Moncton to be that flat, Danny Flynn was not happy at all with the way they played, was very easy to tell as he certainly is not one to hide emotions on the bench.

I will say that I was very impressed with Jaskin. He's an absolute BEAST out there and he loves the physicality. Moncton fans should be excited about him. Barbashev didn't do anything to stand out, maybe it'll take a few weeks to get him going but they did have him on a line with Jaskin, which I enjoyed watching them together. Powerplay should be good with Jaskin and the twins up front.

I think if Moncton could convince Ross Johnston to use his size more and play a bit more physical he'd be a huge threat. He's got great skill and tons of size but he seems to be lacking the fierce competitor side of him. Get that kid a 'mean streak' and he will be deadly! He did score last evening and is good down low so if Flynn can get him to play more physical he'd improve a lot.

One match doesn't mean nothing and barbashev overskated about 3 time the defence in the game

theq is offline   Reply With Quote