AHL Live & the Aeros
View Single Post
09-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northwest 'burbs
Originally Posted by
I've subscribed for several years.
1. The quality varies, but I don't think it will ever be big screen quality. It varies from good on the PC to barely in color, or jerky/frozen video.
2. Count on about three games or so unavailable due to technical difficulties - including somebody not knowing how to connect the video feed at the stadium. This is known among Aeros fans as "AHLDead".
3. Count on several more without Aeros' audio for any number of reasons, including not knowing how to connect cables at the stadium.
4. Some games have only partial archives.
5. Count on anywhere from fair to really crappy customer service. If you scream enough, you can get a refund or voucher for unavailable games.
If this sounds like AHLlive needs to get their act together, you deduce correctly.
Hmm. Thanks for the scouting report (as it were). Of course, if the lockout continues, I'd think they'll find themselves with more customers and more scrutiny, so maybe this will be an opportunity for them to take a step up in reliability anyway.
I did notice a reference to a "scout feed" for some games, which was described as a single fixed point camera in the press box, apparently really intended for scouting purposes, and repurposed to provide the AHL Live feed as well. Presumably without play-by-play. I bet those are the ones they often forget to hook-up to the internet, or don't notice if there is no audio (scouts wouldn't care about the audio anyway).
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by geowild