View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 08:11 PM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
First of, let me be clear, this is by no mean meant to be a political debate. For those who don't know, new taxes increase are to be announced to those who make more than 130,000$ a year going from 48% to 55% rate.

I would like to discuss on a pure hockey operation, what do you think the impact would be on the habs for keeping their own players and attracting UFAs? It's getting a bit unfair honestly. We will have to overpay by a lot to sign UFAs.

Just to give an idea, someone who makes $400,000 a year means that he will have to pay $15,000 more taxes a year. Scale that for someone who makes 4M$. That's a significant amount!
150 - 200 K on 4M ?

We'll never ever sign another free agent ever. It's the end of the world.

Why is this political party persecuting us poor habs fans ? I'd gladly pay the 200$ more per year on my sub 130K salary if it meant I could change the mind of just one hockey player about playing in Québec.

Maybe you should stop worrying about trivial things that likely won't change much at all and go buy an authenticate jersey with the 200$ more you have in your pockets. Unless you make more than 130K ? In which case, I don't feel sorry for you.