View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 08:29 PM
EspenK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Ah yes, the Shawshank Redemption method of contacting them until you get the response you want. What, per se, is the response that you're looking for? The problem is, they know exactly what is at stake, and exactly who they are alienating. Did it effect the league last time around? No ... the league brought in more money this year than it ever had, as did the teams, and the average player salary went up.

So, who then do we have to blame other than ourselves? This is why I think the best method of dealing with the situation is to sit quietly and deal with it. Then, when the league starts up - be it 20 games late, a whole season missed, etc .... those of us die hard fans who dealt with the last lockout and came back to support them give them the silent treatment for exactly twice as long. If it's 20 games, don't go to 20 more. If it's 82 games, cancel your package for next year and don't buy any merchandise. Hitting them in the wallet is where it's going to hurt. Otherwise, we're all just complainers who want our hockey back, and they know we'll be back in the end.

Trust me, you won't get the answer you're looking for. They simply don't care about our interests.
I agree 100%. Until they see a massive drop in attendance and TV dollars (which will only happen when we don't watch) the owners will not be the least bit concerned.