View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
150 - 200 K on 4M ?

We'll never ever sign another free agent ever. It's the end of the world.

Why is this political party persecuting us poor habs fans ? I'd gladly pay the 200$ more per year on my sub 130K salary if it meant I could change the mind of just one hockey player about playing in Québec.

Maybe you should stop worrying about trivial things that likely won't change much at all and go buy an authenticate jersey with the 200$ more you have in your pockets. Unless you make more than 130K ? In which case, I don't feel sorry for you.
That's 150-200k in addition to the already absurd amount being taken off your salary already. Just think about it, after takes, you will only net 1.8 million of your 4 million dollar salary. Less than half.

For me it's just the principle that the government is getting more from your salary than you are. Kind of sad that you don't even get the majority share of your own money. And this has nothing to do with hockey players, but all occupations. But I guess you can say that it doesn't matter because you are making 130k anyway. Still doesn't change the fact that the government takes the majority share of what I earn. What if my wife has a stroke and can't work and we have 4 kids...I am supposed to support 4 kids and a dependant only clearing 58k?

And yes, I as a player wouldn't come here from that extra 200k I would lose, in addition to the already enormous amount I lose playing in Quebec. Hell, it goes beyond hockey, even if I was a doctor I wouldn't want to work here. Add to the that all the tax on gas, the tax on goods and now the upcoming increase in tax on capital gains. It's pretty ridiculous. Quebec gives no incentive for people with Money to stay here or invest, which just hurts everyone in the long.

As a player I would totally see this increase as a disincentive. Taking home less than half isn't attractive at all.

Last edited by Andy: 09-24-2012 at 08:53 PM.