View Single Post
Old
09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Hammer79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
How funny would it be to the see the Oilers leave town right before their supposed "dynasty".

Would be hilarious.
As irritating as Oilers fans are, I wouldn't see a relocation as a good thing. They've been going on endlessly about their top picks etc., so it would be funny in a way to see them get robbed of the rewards of their rebuild after they paid top dollar to watch a bottom feeder team. I've thought for a while that the Flames should have rebuilt a while ago and jettisoned their star players like Iginla and Kipper, so it would be hypocritical of me to criticize the Oilers for rebuilding.

If their lottery picks develop into stars, Seattle fans would be just as spoiled as Avalanche fans, and get an instant sense of entitlement. They would become even more irritating than Oilers fans because they probably won't even acknowledge their team's roots. Now that Colorado is in a rebuild, they are one of the bottom drawing markets in the league. Seattle would be better off getting an expansion team and build the team themselves.