View Single Post
Old
09-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Why would you need deking as a defenseman though? As a D, quick passes are really the only important thing for zone entry, and base deking still seems to work for the rare breakaway chances.

Seems like an interesting idea, but slapshots are still as broken as ever. They're already easy enough to get off with lateral movement, and I was already planning on putting +8 in agility and +8 in speed. I do like the idea of being able to shoot short-side with a wrister as a defenseman though.
There are situations vs. top teams or good players where they can stick check you to death. I think having a higher deking value might allow you to get out of those situations where a pass is not possible or would result in a risky turnover, similar to how you would play it as a forward trying to get around an opponent. I also play a lot of OTP though lol, where your teammates aren't usually very good at presenting breakout options. If you don't want to put it in deking though, you could put it all into WSP and end up with something like 87 WSA 80 WSP.

How are you guys using your boosts? I didn't have room for a +3 agility the way I had it before:

+5 SSA +5 SSP +5 DA
+5 SPE +3 SPE +5 AGI
+5 ACC +5 SC +5 OA
+5 HE +5 PC +5 PAS

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote