View Single Post
Old
05-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe27
I don't get why everyone wants to get rid of Ribs, sure he's not great but for what he costs and the way he played in the playoffs I'll take him on my team anytime.

What we really need is another solid winger because if Kovalev is injured we have nothing. Ryder can score but has to be fed the puck and Higgins is still young. We need a guy like Samsonov, Daze or Selanne. That would give us 2 solid lines and even if Kovalev or Ryder or whoever goes down then we still have some good scorers left.

Basically, keep Ribeiro and instead of wasting money on Arnott, spend it on a good winger.

I wouldn't mind having Ribeiro back either as long as he is willing to tweak his game.

His play down the stretch was promising. I know Ribeiro has his limitations but if he plays hard, responsibly and finishes his checks, then he has a place on this team as a secondary offensive threat

Having said that Ribeiro would be a good secondary threat, I am obviously doubting that he will ever be the #2 center that this team needs in order for this franchise to take the next step. So if Ribs stays in montreal for the long run, it will have to be at a lesser offensive role (and probably as a winger). That's not to say that he cant be an offensive player for us but just not one of the primary go to guys.