View Single Post
Old
09-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I don't remember Marty letting in very many weak goals this playoffs. I can count the ones. Maybe 2 in game 3 vs Florida, the one in game 2 against Florida to Goc, a couple not so good ones in game vs Florida, but I think they were deflected. There was one game against Philly he wasn't too good, but luckily Bryz was even more humanngous bad. Think it was the game Poni won in OT.

There was a point shot he gave up against the Rangers that was unscreened, and undeflected. It was the only goal he gave up in that game. The one to Doughty in the game 2 of the SCF was very similar, and guys know he's prone to goals from that angle. Two borderline stick side goals on the PP in game 4 of the SCF which didn't matter because we were shutout.

If you think Marty's goaltending was the worst it's ever been this playoffs watch a 29 year old Brodeur in the 01 SCF. The 01 SCF was the worst series I've ever seen him play and still nothing has even passed that. His performance in 08 was bad also, but he was the only reason we were in the playoffs that year.
It's not the worst but given how bad Brodeur has been ES in the regular season the last two years you have to think it will be the norm or worse.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote