View Single Post
Old
09-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
I can't really get into it. So all ppl from countries with cyrillic alphabet have to accept 'foreign' latin letters to suit fans of three teams. International or not, why should it be latin? In my opinion it should be cyrillic for all teams from countries with cyrillic alphabet and latin for Riga, Prague and Bratislava(with respective special letters. czech names for example look awkward when spelled like 'Voracek' or 'Klepis').
don't be silly, watch the olympics and tell me what alphabet is used

it wouldn't make sense to use cyrillic if the league wants to keep expanding westward, and it would make even less sense to have 2 systems or 2 sets of jerseys. use your noggin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
THAT is an attitude I can't stand. It's the 'universal alphabet' for Europeans and nations of european descent, not for the whole world. I find it disrespectful to me as a russian fan to have to read my team's player's names written with latin letters, at least in a home game.
It's universal to North America, South America, and Europe. Face facts, cyrillic is vastly outnumbered here if the point is accessibility. Can the alphabet pride.

Last edited by Sokil: 09-25-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote