View Single Post
Old
09-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Melrose Munch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
How can a country own a freaking sport? That doesn't make any sense. We may play it more than other countries, but that does not automatically mean Canada "owns" hockey.

Why does hockey have this idea that it needs to be restricted? I, personally, want to have to sport as wide spread as possible, to get as many people hooked as possible, since it is a great game that everybody should be able to enjoy.

I don't feel personally assaulted since some teams in the States are not drawing great right now. How quickly people forget that just a decade ago Canada was coming off losing two teams, with 2 more on life support. Every team goes through highs and lows.

I just don't get this Canada versus US thing at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Out of 30 teams in MLB, the Blue Jays are ranked 20th in attendance. I couldn't care less. Out of 30 teams in the NBA, the Raptors are ranked 17th in attendance. Again, I couldn't care less.

If there was an NFL team in the Toronto area and if drew poorly, I would not care.

I'm not saying Edmonton will or should lose their team. I'm saying I will lol at the hypocrites in the Canadian media, who've practically prayed for US teams to fold and be relocated to Canada, who are now outraged by Katz's implied threat.
Two words. Inferiority Complex

I've said this before and I'll say it against. So much of Canadian Culture is already dominated by the US. Some Canadians feel more US hockey teams is another loss for Canada greater then sport. The country already loses its best actors, athletes to the US, so now we lose the national sport? This is what I see as an observer. This is not my opinion at all. This is from years of talking to people.