View Single Post
Old
09-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
This is great news about the Arena being approved, but, I think Key West, would have 1 inch of snow or more, before the Oilers would move anywhere, much less Seattle.
More likely happening, is thanks, to the lockout, that gives enough of a delay, for the Coyotes to move to Seattle (which the league from what I'm feeling would much rather have than QC), in 2013, even if Jamison, winds up moving them there.
I disagree. I think that one thing Quebec had over SEA for the NHL was the greenlit rink...that advantage has disappeared. Especially with the lockout potentially buying more time (Colisee is much better suited than Key for short term), Seattle has vaulted into the lead. If the NHL can beat the NBA back (potentially tying up some of the small cross base between the two) they will look to Seattle first, IMO. Much much bigger TV area, much much much bigger corporate base, more safety in numbers.

Quebec is always going to be there. I think the NHL will realize that right now is the perfect time to jump on the Seattle bandwagon. This is not a shot at Quebec. They will be a great market once back. But I think Seattle is more appealing right now.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit that if the NHL can get the Yotes settled quickly to stay in PHO we could be looking at expansion to SEA and QUE by 15 or 16. If Jamison falls through, it's probably the last nail in the coffin of PHO and we will see NHL in SEA before that. QUE will get their team, I have no doubt, but right now I truly believe that SEA is first priority.

Like I said before though (as much as it sucks for ATL fans, I do feel for them), I am just glad that WPG had their stuff in order and ready to go in 2011, else they would be #3 on the priority list, IMO. (assuming ATL had never moved)