View Single Post
Old
09-26-2012, 12:00 AM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblad the Impaler View Post
Eric Lindros also demanded a trade in Junior, then again for Quebec.

Everybody gave Heatley a pass when he demanded a trade in Atlanta and came here, only to demand another trade. Turris foreshadowing?
Turris wanted out of Phoenix because of how the organization treated him, not because he was spoiled or a headcase. I know I've told this story on here before but I have mutual friends with Kyle and while I don't know him personally myself this legitimately happened.

During his rookie season the first time the Coyotes came through Vancouver he got screwed royally. It being his first game in his hometown in the NHL, over 30 of his friends and family bought up sections to show support (a few of my friends went and were part of a group of his friends that painted their chests with his name). He was dressed for the pregame skate took a few laps only to be informed that he was not playing that night.

So here he is, a year and a half removed from being a 3rd overall pick playing on a terrible team that didn't have the decency to start him in his hometown knowing he had people showing up to support. From that moment on a rift was created. They never treated him like a prized prospect. They constantly shut him down and stagnated his growth.