View Single Post
Old
09-26-2012, 03:27 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 500
Certainly a promising start to our prospects overseas. Just makes me all the more excited for the Wolves' season to start too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Partly because some of their best Canucks prospects were found under rocks (and thus don't have 1st round hype) and partly because they patiently let them develop, I expect most of our guys to challenge those conventional assessments anyways.
Yep, pretty much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Really good goals by Jensen. They really couldn't have been placed better, especially the first one. Those shots would have been goals in the NHL as well. They were so well placed. Just goes to show what we already know, Jensens shot is already NHL level. And 4 points in 5 games, for a low scoring team in a low scoring league. Very well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
If he can score 44 in 55 on a bad team in Sweden. I can't see anyway scenario where he doesn't make the team. The SEL is probably the 3rd best league in the world, and normally low scoring. 0.8 PPG would place Jensen in top 15 in the SEL last year. In the NHL he would need almost 1 PPG to be in top 15, the same for the AHL.
If we give a rough estimation that .8 PPG in SEL is equal to PPG in AHL. I don't think there would be any doubt that Jensen would start the season on the Canucks if he played PPG in the AHL.
But lets not get ahead of our selves and see how he does on a bigger sample size.
Agreed, those goals were great shots. Top corner, glove side both times to boot. What sort of production can we expect for a 19 year-old in his rookie season, realistically?