Old
09-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
Oilers to Seattle, Coyotes to Edmonton... is my vote. I assume that Katz would make a nice profit - between the selling price of the Oilers, and the purchase price of the Coyotes? Without looking into the details (or thinking much about it), at first glance I'd think that the Oilers are a much more valuable franchise (a new owner would pay much more for the Oilers than the Coyotes)... Edmonton remains with a team, and the Oiler fans get screwed by watching all of their young stars leave... Win-win, from my vantage point... All those years of losing, for what? To put a nice profit in Katz's pocket, that's what...
I think very highly of you on this board and I respect you. I think your idea from a business standpoint is great for Katz. That said, give me some of what you are smoking. I think Katz will get it done for the Oilers. Too much promise for the Oilers squad to simply sell them to Seattle and buy Phoenix who is on the down-swing. Pocklington would look like Jesus in the minds of Edmontonites compared to Katz.

Again, it makes a lot of sense from a raw business standpoint but Katz would have a hell of a lot of explaining to do and find a new arena to be built.