View Single Post
Old
09-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius View Post
What do you guys think about Leon Draisaitl? Could he be a first round pick in the 2013 NHL draft?
I think it's too early to tell at this point. You don't know how he will handle the long schedule in the WHL. Remember Rieder who was off to a great start and then slowed down, which might have had something to do, with the fact that these players are not used to playing so many games in one season. Combined with his size this was probably one of the main reasons why Rieder was not selected until the 4th round.

But based on his skill level and potential I would say Draisaitl has a realistic chance to be a first round pick, especially since he has two full seasons to get used to everything and work on his weaknesses. He needs to improve his skating particularly.
Size also won't be an issue with Draisaitl. If I had to make a prediction right now I would put him in the late 1st or early 2nd round. This is not where I would rank him right now, which is mid to late 2nd round, but I expect his stock to rise a little.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote