View Single Post
Old
09-26-2012, 01:03 PM
The Saw Is the Law

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankielax View Post
Any updates from across the pond would be most appreciated!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
That post was from two years ago.
Ah. Here we go, sry my broken English

The Draft:

Hakanpää wasn't attending in Staples Center, LA. He followed the draft with his friend through internet stream and heard his name.

Looking back to 2010 it looks very weird someone picked him. And it was as early as 4th round. Huge size but very raw defenceman from Finnish U18 league. Usually Finnish picks play in FEL or at least U20 level hockey.

---

His head coach' recent comments about Hakanpää
-It's not accident Hakanpää has ELC. His lust and passion can be seen from his actions on ice.
-I like him. Big player but not just size, he speaks a lot and leads in lockeroom.

He was captain of his U18 team 2008-10, Have been wearing A or C in Finnish jersey during junior tournaments

Hakanpää had knee injury in February but it was completely fixed in summer according to Hakanpää

He has practiced his skating a lot and it's still developing. Every day he tries to focus in right smoother technique to have more power for strides and more ecological skating

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Going straight from the FEL to the NHL? As a d-man? I like the kid's potential but I highly doubt he would be able to pull that off.
Propably starts in AHL. Moving up when injuries. But I wouldn't be surprised if he knocks Cole or Russell out of lineup.

---

Hakanpää's future looks very bright. I believe he is going to reach his potential. I tried to find a NHL player like him. Closest I figured might be Braydon Coburn. But one inch taller and a bit more physical.

Last edited by The Saw Is the Law: 09-26-2012 at 01:53 PM.
The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote