View Single Post
Old
05-08-2006, 03:21 PM
toomanymen

vCash: 500
I don't try to hide my bias when it comes to Downie because I'm sick of people jumping to conclusions and labelling him as a menace just because he's Branch's favourite pin cushion.

Jumping to conclusions? How about observing an established record? I'm a Knights fan and I hated how people apologized for Danny Bois when he was our captain. He was a dirty, cheap shot artist, nothing more. Same with Downie. Interesting how his effectiveness in the OHL is lessened compared to the WJC where for some reason players are allowed to skate full speed from the blue line in and lay the body on defensemen and then have rose petals tossed at their feet.

Or maybe you'd like to discuss the two deliberate head shots delivered at high speed by Belan that are far more deserving of suspension than the little jab by Downie.

Belan was penalized for them. Downie was not. You must have also missed all of Downie's little antics on Schremp at faceoffs (i.e. pushing helmet down from the back etc.). This was reported to me by my buddy who is a Pete's fan and was at the game. He is what he is, a s**t disturber, no more, no less. Don't compare his antics to anything Schremp does, the talent doesn't compare. Some people sing in the shower, doesn't make them a recording artist...