Old
09-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Mississauga has a downtown?!? Who knew! LOL
Yeah I used to laugh at this too when I moved to Mississauga and people mentioned downtown. They're referring of course to Sq One and Playdium and that central bus terminal. It is actually fairly busy and becoming a bit more important now that Sheridan College is there plus a bunch of business buildings and condos. The point is though that there's a lot of people go there for recreation and it sees a lot of traffic plus is accessible with buses going there from any corner of the city plus a Go Bus terminal which connects to Toronto so it would've meant much bigger crowds. It's not as much that as the obscure location of the Hershey Centre. If it was located along that Queen Street strip in Streetsville it would've gotten bigger crowds lol. Bunch of shops to eat at around there and hockey's popular in Streestsville.

Anyways, I read that Kerr only committed to the Steelheads in Mississauga for 3 years. I find this sad, he says he eventually wants to get attendance up to 4K but unless this team becomes a contender again, this process will take more than 3 yrs so hopefully he's patient.