View Single Post
Old
09-26-2012, 09:33 PM
gstommylee

vCash: 500
http://seattletimes.com/html/sounder...th_on_att.html

Sounders Majority owner Joe Roth was asked about the sodo arena and he gets its.

Quote:
(Are you comfortable with the potential for an NBA team and/or NHL team in the neighborhood?) "I am. I think it's great. I don't think traffic (will be an issue). It will have less affect on us frankly than the Mariners just in terms of the number of games (on the same day). Listen, this city should have a basketball team. I was around when that all went down and I don't think it was the NBA's finest hour. I think the city deserves a basketball team."
Quote:
(Would it be more competition for filling seats or for things like TV/sponsorships?) "I think with TV deals, there's a way to make that all work together, which is an advantage to it. Sponsorships? Sure, it'll be competitive, but most of the time the sponsors that we have stick around. ... I think that'll be true with basketball or hockey, as well. It's a great sports town. I grew up in New York and I live in L.A. and I can't even count the number of sports there are. For this place to only have three sports is undeserved."