Thread: Value of: Tyler Myers
View Single Post
Old
09-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
I don't think the Avs have any single player whose value matches Myers including Landeskog or Duchene. I guess no1 C = no1 D in most cases but not sure if Duchene is proven enough as a number one C yet plus Buffalo probably doesn't need to make that risk considering they have Ennis/Grigorenko/Hodgson. It'd have to be a package deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
I'm not denying that Myers has more upside than Luke Schenn (mainly because of his offensive game), but for someone that's only 3 months younger than him and considerably more hyped, Myers really hasn't proven to be any more capable than Schenn defensively.

You can question if Myers will be a 50+ pt dman but questioning his defensive ability outside of one 3-month long sophomore slump is pretty pathetic.

Go download some games from the latter stages of last season where Myers was healthy and watch him play (take note of Sekera and Ehrhoff as well).

And if I'm Edmonton then yeah I'd trade Eberle or Hall for Myers. Not necessarily because he's better than them but they have 3 friggin 1st line wingers there assuming Yakupov develops into that and they have a bad defence.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote