Old
09-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I said Hodgson's shot was better. He also goes to the net better than Schroeder.

The key difference is the preference of Schroeder to make plays and pass up his shot, while Hodgson is more selfish. Hodgson is more direct in his game. So he will find a way to attack the net, while Schroeder will elect to pass.

All that said, as 701 pointed out, Schroeder shot much more this past season. He should be able to score more as a result. Let's hope he translates some that to the NHL. Again, the key difference to me is the shot quality + shooting intent of Hodgson vs. the shot inaccuracy + preference to pass of Schroeder.
OK, I understand the point being made now. It seems like a bit of Schroeder's stock or value has dropped a bit since he was drafted. I think he is a bit underrated as a prospect. I hear nothing but good things about him last year in Chicago and how he's working on his defensive game too.

I really hope he breaks out to the NHL soon, we need more ELC players that can help the team significantly.