View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
MacKinnon and Jones would be no brainers if picking 1st or 2nd, but from #3 on, there are definitely some options.

A few other names to keep an eye on are Elias Lindholm, Curtis Lazar, Kerby Rychel, Jonathan Drouin and Andre Burakovsky. All are very skilled and bring a physical edge to their game. At this point, I wouldn't be disappointed with any of these.

If picking 3rd, I would be looking at

- Monahan (my personal favorite)
- Lindholm
- Barkov
- Lazar (plays a Doan/Dustin Brown style game)

Drouin is already off to a terrific start with 7 pts in 2 games and some say he is comparable to Claude Giroux. He is quickly becoming my dark horse favorite with the things I've been hearing about him.

Personally I am not a fan of Shinkaruk. His game translating at the next level worries me.
EDIT: Talking about Lazar, just to be clear.

Any player at 5'10'' 157lbs that is being talked about as playing a physical/power forward style in junior is a huge red flag for me. Might be able to get away with it in juniors, but in the pros they won't be able to get away with that at that size. They will get pushed around, and most guys are unable to adjust. IMO, sounds too much like Gilbert Brule.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 09-27-2012 at 02:52 AM.