View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 06:13 AM
clarkebr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Can you point out to me where I said it would be one-sided? Again, as you are well known for, reading subtext, conjuring up nonsense really....perhaps others have stated it, but go argue that point with them, not me.
Nowhere did I say that in the event of a lock-out the 2012 team would dominate the tournament in the same fashion that the 2005 team did or the 1995 team...

If all players are available and playing, it will be a good team and should be a contender for a gold medal.

The 2005 team was The Best team in the History of the Tournament...The only team that I would say would come close is the 1989 Soviet team with Federov, Mogilny and Bure. but I still think the 05 Canadian team is better.

So obviously I'm not expecting to see a 2005 repeat of dominance. Just a strong team that should make the gold medal game...and if I had to bet a ruble or two...the favorite to win...but not a forgone conclusion.
absolutley well said. This team should be solid. The summer series against Russia was a lot better gauge than a summer development camp.With a few tweaks, the team will improve. Goaltending is the key. I would rate them with RNH as the team to beat, but far from runaway favorite. I do like the strength down the middle and defence.