View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Yossarian54

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
So based on this, what do we have now? Do we have 9 top6 forwards according to this analysis?

Note: Booth was on pace for about 40 points last year.

Note 2: Raymond has had 2 seasons at top6 production and 1 below (broken back). Is he still considered a top6?

Note3: Higgins and Hansen were definitely top6 calibre players last year.
I think we do yes. I agree with that analysis and how expectations are overly high for what constitutes a '2nd liner'. Our first line is essentially set, and we have Booth + 1 of Higgins, Raymond and perhaps even Kassian to compete for the lone remaining 2nd line spot. Having one of the above and Hansen on the 3rd line is a good amount of depth.

I think a lot of the noise around acquiring another top-6 forward is related to a short term Kesler replacement. That, and some do not view Booth as a genuine top-6 option. Which, in light of both the analysis you mention and the fact that he has had to adjust to a new team both before and after a knee-on-knee hit, I think is an erroneous view.

Right now we have Booth, Higgins, Raymond competing for 2 top-6 winger spots. Next year (which may very well be when the next game is played), we will probably have Booth, Higgins, Jensen, Kassian and maybe Raymond. Competing for two spots. That is some serious scoring winger depth. The greater unknown is at centre, specifically the 3rd line centre.