View Single Post
Old
09-27-2012, 09:28 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
It wasn't that he was a bad goalie, it was the style he played - basically an old-school flopping-type hybrid. To put it bluntly, his mechanics and technique sucked.

In an age where everyone plays the butterfly, I'm very leery of goalies that didn't play that style themselves working with young butterfly guys.

Same thing with Bill Ranford and (much as I love him) Kirk McLean, who have not been terribly successful as goalie coaches in the NHL.

Having said that, as much as I'm still bitter about how he pissed away our chance to win a Cup in 2003, he was always a great guy and great team guy, so happy for him on that front.
It's a little sad you're still bitter about that.

I don't see anything wrong with this move...it's not like he's teaching our goalies how to play. He's teaching them tricks of the trade, keeping them focused on their craft, and he can be a great person to turn to for a young guy like Lack or even Schneider, when wondering how to deal with adversity. Luongo's not gonna be around for a heck of a lot longer.

Trust in Gillis, don't mind the move at all. Alot of the comments in here expose HF for the myriad of 15-18 year olds it is.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote